The Department of Information Systems and Quantitative Sciences (ISQS) supports the Vision of the College to be recognized as one of the top 50 public business schools in the nation. The ISQS Department also strives to see the MIS program receive similar recognition.
The ISQS Department will accomplish this with:
- an open, consistent, participatory and merit-based system of governance and administration;
- respect for individual rights and academic freedom within a framework of professional responsibility;
- high quality and continuous improvement in all activities; and
- commitment to the mission of the Department
The ISQS Department values:
- respect for the individual;
- intellectual development;
- creativity; and
As the Department responsible for the college's Management Information Systems and Quantitative Sciences programs, the ISQS
- Educate and develop our students for positions of leadership in Texas and the global marketplace;
- Contribute to knowledge through quality research;
- Emphasize partnerships with other Texas Tech units and external parties (1) to provide educational and research opportunities for students and faculty and (2) to provide benefits to our external stakeholders; and
- Provide service to our educational and professional communities.
- Identify and recruit, from Texas and nationally, an outstanding and culturally diverse student body.
- Enhance career opportunities and placement of graduates.
- Foster an internationally recognized basic and applied research program.
- Increase quality publications.
- Increase research funding.
- Measure, evaluate, and reward goal attainment.
- Provide opportunities for continuous student learning and development.
- Continue developing a technologically advanced learning environment.
- Expand business partnerships and alliances with key stakeholders, to enhance the Department of Information Systems and Quantitative Science's public relations and increase its resource base.
- Expand partnerships and alliances that enhance and support academic programs.
- Provide time, resources, and incentives for continuous professional development efforts of the faculty and staff.
- Continue the participative environment of the Department of Information Systems and Quantitative Sciences.
- Recruit, develop and maintain a high quality, diverse faculty devoted to knowledge development and student learning.
The Information Systems and Quantitative Sciences area is located on the 6th and 7th floors of the Rawls Business Administration building on the Texas Tech University Campus.